Een forum over Avatar.

FAQFAQ   ZoekenZoeken   GebruikerslijstGebruikerslijst   GebruikersgroepenGebruikersgroepen   RegistrerenRegistreren 
 ProfielProfiel   Log in om je privéberichten te bekijkenLog in om je privéberichten te bekijken   InloggenInloggen 

tage ahead of next weeks

Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Avatar1 -> Avatar Boek 2: Aarde
Vorige onderwerp :: Volgende onderwerp  
Auteur Bericht
yyys123
Brand new

BerichtGeplaatst: 10-10-2019 07:22:57    Onderwerp: tage ahead of next weeks Reageren met citaat

TORONTO - At 31, Canadian midfielder Atiba Hutchinson is hitting his stride at Turkeys Besiktas. And people are taking notice.Atiba is our best player, says Canadian coach Benito Floro. He is the best player in Besiktas.Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger agreed after his team played Besiktas in the Champions League in August. I was impressed by Hutchinson, he said.Canadian media, coaches and clubs agreed in voting Hutchinson the Canadian Mens Player of the Year for a third time. Canadian captain Christine Sinclair was chosen top womens player for the 12th time — and 11th straight year.It kind of does feel like Im at the peak of my career, Hutchinson said Friday on a conference call. For me, maybe the last three or four years, I didnt get to play in my natural position as much as I would like. And now Im doing that and Im doing that with a team thats playing very good football right now.Right now Im at a good point in my career and Im probably playing some of the best football that Ive been playing in a while. Im pretty pleased with that.His preferred position is in central midfield, although he was asked to play right back while in the Netherlands before joining Besiktas.Hutchinson built his career carefully, starting in Scandinavia with Osters and Helsingborg in Sweden and FC Copenhagen in Denmark. His next move was to Dutch side PSV Eindhoven in 2010, a stint that was interrupted by three surgeries to his left knee.While he enjoys his Turkish club, his contract expires at the end of the season. Hutchinson has always had a desire to play in England, so is open to change.Its kind of hard not to know whats happening and hear all the rumours, he said. A lot of it sometimes is rumours. Some of it is a little bit more serious than others. Im just playing it by ear and seeing what happens over the next couple of months, because in January Im open to speak to anyone. But Ive enjoyed my time here in Turkey. The fans, the support and everything has been amazing.The club is very big here and the fans really have taken me in very well. So Im pretty comfortable here and Ive said it before that Im very open to staying here. If things play out that way, Id be happy to stay here another couple of years. Unless something very exciting came up, if it was the Premier League, if it was maybe one of the bigger leagues in Europe, Id definitely take that into consideration.He has also said he would be open to finishing his career in MLS, especially if he could play in Canada.Hutchinson remains committed to the Canadian cause, taking long plane rides back from Turkey to play for his country. He sees great promise in the young players around him and says Floro is making his mark.Ill always be there for the national team when I get the call, Hutchinson said. And give my 100 per cent best because I want the team to achieve something, maybe win the Gold Cup or get to the Confederations Cup, or even qualify for the World Cup.For me in my mind, I want to be around for as long as I can and give one last push at it to qualify. I want to be there as much as I can.Hutchinson, from Brampton, Ont., finished ahead of Ludogorets Razgrad goalkeeper Milan Borjan and Birmingham City defender David Edgar in the Canadian award voting.Obviously it feels very good, Hutchinson said. Every time Ive won it, its felt a little bit better than the last so Im very happy with that.Just representing your county and to be honoured with an award like this is something very special.The awards are sponsored by BMO.———Follow @NeilMDavidson on Twitter Nmd r1 Norge . Numbers Game looks into the Wild getting Matt Moulson from Buffalo. The Wild Get: LW Matt Moulson and LW Cody McCormick. Nmd Sko Udsalg . Hamilton signed offensive linemen Mike Filer, Joel Reinders, Landon Rice and Carson Rockhill. http://www.nmdnorgesalg.com/ . Murray beat Sam Querrey 7-6 (5), 6-7 (3), 6-1, 6-3 to clinch Britains opening-round victory against the United States on Sunday at Petco Park. "Im proud of the way Im playing just now, because I had to do a lot of work to get back to where I want to be," Murray said after celebrating with his teammates on the red clay court in a temporary stadium in left field of the downtown home of baseballs San Diego Padres. Tubular Shadow Sko . Ronaldo netted his 14th goal of the season in Europes top competition to give Madrid a clear advantage ahead of next weeks quarterfinal return leg in Germany. But it came at a price as the Portugal forward, who came into the first-leg nursing a sore left knee, came off in the 80th minute. Adidas Eqt Norge . Despite Barcelona showing the same vulnerability in defence, Messis best performance since returning from a lengthy injury layoff ensured that his side bounced back from a defeat by Valencia in the previous round.MONTREAL – The New York Rangers took a commanding 2-0 series lead in the Eastern Conference Final with a 3-1 over the Montreal Canadiens in Game 2 on Monday at the Bell Centre. Rangers goalie Henrik Lundqvist stood tall with 41 saves between the pipes, but it was defenceman Ryan McDonagh who got the first star of the game as he had a goal and an assist and now has two goals and four assists for six points in two games. With a big series lead and a chance of wrapping up the series back at Madison Square Garden, the young blueliner was surprisingly low-key considering his performance in Games 1 and 2. "Just everybody else around me," he answered when asked what the key to his recent offensive success has been. "You cant have that success without your teammates doing what they need to do and getting you the puck in certain situations. "It was great fore-checking on my goal and simple play by Dom [Domenic Moore] to find me. You play like that and good things will happen. It was great passing by Richie [Brad Richards] on the power play and then just simple plays by everyone. Everybodys really contributing and its showing on the scoreboard." McDonagh now has nine points in 16 games in the playoffs, but six of those have come in the last two. "I was just trying to be a little bit simpler out of my zone," said McDonagh, who - as Montreal fans know all too well now - was drafted 12th overall by the Canadiens at the 2007 NHL Entry Draft. "If I have a second or two to make a direct pass, make it. But I was just looking for stick blades too much at times and its tight checking in the playoffs so you want to make sure that youre not giving forwards an opportunity to grind you in your own zone. So the simplle plays will work a lot in the playoffs and Ive been able to make good reads and thats helped me.dddddddddddd" McDonaghs teammates have noticed the changes as well and are happy the hard work is paying off for their teammate. "The last bunch of games hes been getting better and better," said blueliner Marc Staal. "Obviously, we need that offence from the back end and hes really providing it right now. But its also the little things hes doing. "He works so hard on his defensive game and is so hard on his stick out there. Hers smart in his own zone and that cause us to have a lot of offense from it and obviously on the powerplay thats huge too. That hard work is paying off." Head coach Alain Vigneault echoed Staals assessment and credited McDonaghs defensive game - which in turn has led to more offence. "Both go hand in hand," he explained. "Like when Ryans gap is good and, obviously, hes got tough matchups because hes always playing against the other teams best line. "When his gap is good and hes battling hard in his one-on-ones, usually the offensive part of his game is there, and its been very good the last two games." James Murphy is a freelance reporter who also writes for NHL.com, the Boston Herald and XNsports.com. He covered the Boston Bruins/NHL for last 11 seasons writing for ESPNBoston.com, ESPN.com, NHL.com, NESN.com, the Boston Metro, Insidehockey.com and Le Hockey Magazine. Murphy also currently hosts the radio show "Murphys Hockey Law" heard Saturdays 9-11 AM ET on Sirius/XM NHL Network Radio and 4-6 PM ET on Websportsmedia.com. In addition to that, he is a regular guest TSN 690 in Montreal and Sirius/XM NHL Network Radio as well as a hockey analyst on CTV Montreal. ' ' '
Terug naar boven
Profiel bekijken Stuur privébericht
Berichten van afgelopen:   
Nieuw onderwerp plaatsen   Reageren    Avatar1 -> Avatar Boek 2: Aarde Tijden zijn in GMT + 1 uur
Pagina 1 van 1

Ga naar: